Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My friend Hakima


This is my friend Hakima. She owns a little tea and coffee shop in town. Our friendship began the week we arrived in Yabus on our first trip to the market. We went to have tea and just "happened" to go to her shop. I started going to visit with her to practice my Arabic and very quickly a sweet friendship developed.


Look at the details in this picture. We're standing right outside our shop in town. Just notice the donkeys in the background and the lovely scenery with the mountains. The beauty of the place strikes me daily and I still can't believe we have the privilege of living and working in Sudan.

1 comment:

Aaron Stewart said...

Your gentleness of spirit and outlook on Sudan is something that I can learn a lot from. :)

Why does sickness like to hang around so long???

Only a few days after returning from our trip to Kenya, Judah started spiking high fevers. We took him to our clinic here in town for blood ...