Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Meet Katie


Katie joined our team in Yabus in February expecting to only stay for a few weeks. But she fell in love with the Sudanese and decided to stay through July. Katie has been a HUGE answer to prayer for me (Bethany). I have been praying that God would send someone my age and culture to Yabus. Although we have many Sudanese friends, I felt a great need to have a friend who could really understand me.

From the beginning Katie and I hit it off great. We've enjoyed sharing the ups and downs of life in the bush, we've prayed together, we've done ministry side-by-side, and in only 4 months God has given us a really special friendship.

No comments:

Why does sickness like to hang around so long???

Only a few days after returning from our trip to Kenya, Judah started spiking high fevers. We took him to our clinic here in town for blood ...