Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"Home" for Christmas


Here we are - at "home" in Uganda with Bethany's family. It's funny that I seem to put quotation marks around "home" whether I'm talking about our home in Melut or in the States. It's because home is where the heart is and home is where your loved ones are and for this month home is Mbarara, Uganda.

Our last couple of weeks in Melut were very busy so when we arrived to the lush, green cow country where Mom and Dad live, it meant rest and refreshment to our weary souls. We have enjoyed the last five days of great food, lots of wrestling and water fights between the boys and their uncle, morning runs with my dad, and going through the book of Acts every morning and evening as a family.

Scrabble

Bethany with her "little" brother

Water fights!

Wrestling with Uncle Stan


Tomorrow we leave for Queen Elizabeth National Park for a fun family safari and camping with the wildlife. Stay tuned for more pictures...

1 comment:

Chris Daly said...

Dear Fader Family,
I have been praying for your family's safety and now that I hear that you are already in Uganda I know that God has answered these prayers even before I spoke them. I will going to Orange County California later today and I think I'll be seeing David and Audrey and we will pray some more for the people in South Sudan for peace and safety.
Christmas Blessings,
Chris Daly

Why does sickness like to hang around so long???

Only a few days after returning from our trip to Kenya, Judah started spiking high fevers. We took him to our clinic here in town for blood ...