Monday, July 01, 2013

Feeling the Balance


A few months ago I felt very overwhelmed with everything on my plate. In addition to homeschooling my preschooler, 1st and 2nd grader and keeping our house running, I taught a few classes at the college and did a math revision class for a month for students off campus. It was too much.

One morning I was writing in my prayer journal and knew the Lord was telling me to lighten my load and re-focus on my home ministry, especially giving my best to the boys' schooling. It has been such a good change! I'm so thankful I heard the Lord's gentle voice - I am experiencing such joy and contentment in this season.

I have been doing more reading on parenting lately and am again encouraged about this GRAND TASK of raising these little men. In the last month that I've stepped back and balanced my life a little more, I'm already reaping some great benefits. One of them being some precious moments in Scripture with my boys and seeing them grasp Truth. Another, seeing them get more and more into reading.


3 comments:

Megan Manne said...

Oh, Bethany, I love this. I, too, am so grateful you heard God's prompting you this way because it has encouraged me in my parenting as well! So glad you are feeling refreshed and encouraged. xoxo

Renee Kuwitzky said...

I'm proud of you Bethany! The juggle is constant in life of ministry, but these years when our littles are soaking up so much will go quickly. May we spur one another on to lay down our lives so that our children might meet God in our serving, training and loving them...

Joanna said...

Hi Bethany! Been catching up on your blog with some high-speed internet access. (: I read this and now I need your reading list! Do you have any recommendations of things you've read lately?

Why does sickness like to hang around so long???

Only a few days after returning from our trip to Kenya, Judah started spiking high fevers. We took him to our clinic here in town for blood ...