Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Habuub!

There are a few times in life where pictures are truly the only way to communicate.  I could tell you that we had a dust storm (called a Habuub).  I could tell you that it layers the entire city in fine dust.  I could tell you that it takes your breath away to see this massive wall advancing quickly towards you and makes everyone in the house spring into action to close windows, doors, etc.  But pictures...that is truly the only way to communicate this phenomenon.  Enjoy.


The Habuub advancing on the city is an awe-inspiring sight.


Did I mention it the dust was thick?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have only one word - wow! )

Why does sickness like to hang around so long???

Only a few days after returning from our trip to Kenya, Judah started spiking high fevers. We took him to our clinic here in town for blood ...