Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Safely in Charlotte

Tuesday evening around 5:30 p.m. we landed in Charlotte, NC. All three boys slept the entire flight - almost 3 hours since it took an hour just to taxi and get our turn to take off. When we got to Charlotte it was almost impossible to wake the boys up since it was nighttime for them. So Joshua slept on in the baby carrier and the boys were good sports as we trekked to baggage claim - the final leg of our journey!!!
Unfortunately two of our bags didn't make it but they should arrive sometime today and be delivered to us here at SIM. It was a fun trip down the freeway to get to SIM headquarters. I wish I had a notebook to jot down all the cute things Isaac and Evan remarked about. Anyone listening would have guessed America is a new place for them!
We are very comfortably adjusting to life back in the States. SIM is just like family and we feel so welcomed and at home.
The boys ate some cinnamon toast then went to bed promptly at 7. So did I because I knew Joshua would probably wake up at some obscene hour (he didn't wake once from the time he fell asleep on the airplane at 4 p.m. to when I put him in the crib here at the guesthouse around 7 pm.) He slept straight through until about 4:30 this morning. I can definitely handle that!
So here it is 5:30 a.m. The boys are happily cozied on the couch watching cartoons and I've already done a large load of laundry. We have meetings today and are excited to see old friends here at the office.
Sorry if this was too detailed. I'm just amazed at how wonderfully God brought us all the way here and I can't even begin to express how GOOD it feels to be "home"!!!

6 comments:

Doug and Heike said...

I appreciate all the details =). It's been neat living this adventure 'with' you.
Welcome back!! Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Doug and Heike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WillandNan said...

So thankful you are home... Miss you darling :)

amandashaheen said...

Bethany-
I've been following your blog for about a year. I am friends with Kristie Kleinow-Burns...and I once met Eli about 7 years ago...when Sudan was just a prayer.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE praying for you all..and hearing of your life. Someday, I pray..that I will get to meet you and your wonderful family.

Welcome to your other home...

Amanda Shaheen

Rachel, Andy, Christopher, and Kaela said...

I've been praying for you as you traveled. PTL for the "perfect" trip. Isn't life so much better when we seek out the blessings in the storms? Thanks for sharing the blessings of your complications. :) Glad you are all home safely. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see you while you're home. That would be so much fun.

Seth and Anya said...

god is so good!! So glad things are going pretty smoothly! HOpe you guys get some much needed rest the next few days, Love you! Anya

Why does sickness like to hang around so long???

Only a few days after returning from our trip to Kenya, Judah started spiking high fevers. We took him to our clinic here in town for blood ...