With less than 3 weeks until we get on a plane and switch continents, we are taking time to enjoy some of our favorite things before we go and don't have them again for 3 years:
- bike rides through the neighborhood
- a fire in our fire place
- Starbucks coffee and vanilla Coffeemate creamer
- frozen pizza
- choc chip cookie dough ice cream
- dishwasher, washer and dryer
- our favorite Christian music radio station
- Walmart excursions
...the list goes on...
Just for fun today I made rice and beans for lunch - a staple for us when we're in Sudan. When the boys came in for lunch and asked what we were having, they were all very excited when I told them we were going to pretend we were back in Sudan. I guess they've missed it enough that they cheered for rice and beans. That is a good sign and we hope it continues!