Sunday, November 17, 2013

Birthday Bash

Sunday, the birthday boy

This is Sunday, Eliza's son. Eliza is the amazing woman who helps our family in our home every week. She has worked with us since the very day after we arrived in Melut and she has been such a blessing, I cannot fully express what she means to me! This week she told me that her son's birthday was coming up and that he was requesting that I bake chocolate cake for his party. Today I baked two cakes and the boys and I went to deliver them and join in the festivities.

Eliza with "her boys"

These boys are ready to party!


Eliza made zalabia which are a kind of fried doughnut

Of course we had to pose for a few shots :)


No matter how long I live here, I am always amazed at our friends' hospitality. They welcome us with open arms as one of them. We are so deeply grateful.

1 comment:

GED Online said...

Great, nice post, I was wondering the same thing and found your site by Google, learned a lot and now I have got some idea. I’ve bookmark your site. Keep us updated.

Why does sickness like to hang around so long???

Only a few days after returning from our trip to Kenya, Judah started spiking high fevers. We took him to our clinic here in town for blood ...