Saturday, December 13, 2008

Honoring Eli


I want to take this opportunity to tell the world how much I love my husband. I know this is bold, but I'm daily amazed at the incredible man God has given me and I want to honor him for all he does. First of all, all the glory goes to the Lord, not Eli. God called and equipped Eli to do this work in Sudan, so Eli simply obeys and follows Christ each day, doing whatever it might be with great passion and fervor. Sometimes it's building a bridge, sometimes it's showing 30 men how to make soil blocks, sometimes it's putting a roof on a building or digging a latrine, sometimes it's driving a sick woman to the clinic, sometimes it's showing Isaac and Evan how to use a saw, sometimes it's taking the family to the river for the afternoon. But I will say this: HE'S GOOD AT EVERYTHING!

I love Eli Fader so much.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Bethany and Eli -- can you tell me how to make a bridge donation online? We are giving to the bridge as a family this year, but I want to make sure I don't screw it up :). I'm on the SIM USA Giving page -- now what?

----joy

Faders said...

Can Joy please tell me which Joy you are? We're not sure who to respnd to.

Joy said...

jmbustrum@yahoo.com :)

Why does sickness like to hang around so long???

Only a few days after returning from our trip to Kenya, Judah started spiking high fevers. We took him to our clinic here in town for blood ...